The Elimination Diet - Days 10 - 12

Days 10 - 12

Apple Cider Vinegar was definitely the culprit!  I ate two tablespoons on day 10 and my stomach instantly flared and I felt sick for the rest of the day.  I’m surprised though, it didn’t hurt as much as I thought it would.

I put apple cider vinegar in the pasta sauce I made earlier in the program and my stomach didn’t seem to react.  I wonder if it’s because I didn’t add a lot relative to how much sauce there was, or maybe it cooked off differently than the muffins?  Oh well, it’s done. 

This coming week is going to be super busy so I cooked quinoa, rice, black beans, baked yams and the quinoa burgers in vat size.  I remade the banana muffins today with raspberries and left out the apple cider vinegar.  So good!  I’ve made the Chai-Spiced Sunflower Truffels (page 282) and had some vegetables going bad so I made stuffed mushrooms.  I didn’t throw out any rotten vegetables this week.  I can’t remember the last time that happened!  If I can muster up 10 more minutes of energy tonight, I’m going to make a cucumber and mint salad, although, it may taste better fresh tomorrow.

Because I’m so motivated, I’m okay with all the cooking but it just doesn’t feel sustainable.  I have to find ways to maximize the amount of cooking involved so I don’t live in the kitchen.  I’ve been loving the way cooking has made me feel about taking care of myself but it’s too much.

Breakfast has been the hardest meal of the day; because I don’t eat meat at home (except salmon), meat breakfasts don’t work for me.  I’ve eliminated brown rice so the brown rice porridge doesn’t work and I’ve been eating so much quinoa I don’t want to over kill it too quickly.  So far, I’ve stuck to smoothies and fruit.  Any suggestions on another option?

And, the best part - the other day my friend complimented my skin!  She was so surprised by the difference she took a picture and we compared it to an old photo.  It’s like night and day.  I’m seeing so many positive differences that I can see this being a long-term life style change.  There’s no stopping on the horizon!


I love being kind to my body!

Comments

Popular Posts