The Elimination Diet - Day 6

Day 6

Update:

1.     My body is loving this diet, I actually go whole days without bloating.  I can’t remember the last time I didn’t bloat for such a long stretch of time (except for the small banana muffin hiccup).  I’m sleeping better, I have more energy, and I all around feel better.

2.     The cooking is already getting exhausting and it’s only day 6

3.     Items / recipes I’m using the most:

i.      Avocados - amazing to thicken smoothies, as a side, as a snack with a tiny bit of olive oil, salt and pepper
ii.    Bananas – for smoothies, banana muffins, a snack, in a small fruit salad with the coconut whipped cream (page 280)
iii.  Nightshade Pasta Sauce (page 278) – so delicious and goes with so many recipes
iv.   Quinoa – lots and lots of quinoa.  I had a reaction to brown rice so this has become a big staple
v.     Broccoli – I just love broccoli
vi.   Chai-Spiced Sunflower Truffles (page 282) – yum!
vii. Salmon – simple, quick and tasty

4.     My favourite part of this program is that it’s not about losing weight.  While there are suggested daily meal plans there is no talk of portion control.  There are also no required supplements that you need to take along side the meal plan, however, there are supplement suggestions to help you out if you like.  I now take magnesium because my body gets super sore after running and it’s really helps.

5.     This program is purely about building a strong gut and building a healthy relationship with food.  I think this is a very body positive plan without meaning to be.

6.     I’m seeing big changes in my body.  I don’t know if it’s because the bloating is diminishing I can actually see my body or if I’m already losing weight or a combination of both.  I’m still eating as much as before this program if not more and I still feel great.  I don’t want to loose too much weight or too fast but for now, I’m not going to worry.


7.     This program has helped me eat at regular times.  I’m hungry all the time so I can no longer skip breakfast, eat a huge lunch and a late dinner.  My body wouldn’t be able to take it.  I’m eating at regular intervals throughout the day but with portion control.

Comments

Popular Posts