The Elimination Diet - Day 1

Day 1

This is the third time I’m on day 1 of the Elimination Diet and I’m feeling excited for the first time.  My first attempt was about 3 years ago when I made it two weeks on the plan, the second time was last week when I made it to the fourth day and now we’re here again.

For me, the first two days of the plan are the hardest because it’s a liquid diet to neutralize the stomach so you can rebuild its health.  I’ve now learnt that if I prep the day before I don’t have to be hungry the morning of the first day while I’m cooking and I’ve had three tries at making the soups tastier which helps a lot.


I’m already feeling better after yesterday’s deluge of Valentine’s indulgences but alas I spent the first evening of my cleanse at an Irish Pub drinking water.  My friends don’t completely understand why I’m doing this but show their support all the same.  I’m off to a positive start and I’m happy to see where this goes.  Day 1, done!

Comments

Popular Posts