My Favourite Tips for Starting the Elimination Diet



This is my third attempt at the Elimination Diet and here are the tricks I’ve learnt to make it easier:

1.     Start this diet when you have the time.  The beginning of this program takes work with grocery shopping, prepping food and cooking.  Once you’ve gotten the hang of it, it won’t be as much work to manage.

2.     Start prepping a week in advance.  There is a lot of grocery shopping to do and depending on your current diet, you may not have a lot of the food staples needed.  Also, when you’re changing your eating habits, it can be harder to follow the plan thoroughly.  I found prepping took some stress away from the change.

3.     Use the recipes!  They’re simple to follow and really tasty.  I use the Elimination Diet cookbook a lot even when I’m not on the program.

4.     Cook in bulk.  This program is about eating fresh, whole food which takes time.  It seems like I’m always cooking so now I’ll cook items like quinoa, rice, yams, tortillas, sauces and snacks in advance and in bulk so I’m not always consumed by cooking.

5.     Eat a diverse group of foods.  On a diet like this, it’s easy to stick to a couple of easy recipes that you know you like.  The point of this diet is to get comfortable with lots of food.

6.     Eat!  This diet is not about losing weight and so far, I find that the more I eat the better I feel and because I’m not eating fatty foods and junk food I can eat more then I’m used to with no weight gain or bloating.

7.     Have a dinner party!  There are so many food options to eat that your guests will barely notice that there are restrictions.  Sure, you can’t have bread or cheese but there are tortilla and muffin recipes.  Involve people so this program does not fell so much like a chore.


If you want a link to the book I use: https://wholelifenutrition.net/books/elimination-diet

Comments

Popular Posts