The Elimination Diet - Days 34 - 35

Days 34 – 35

Yesterday and today I tried re-introducing sesame in to my diet and it felt like I was in a heavy weight fight with a bag of sesame and I got KO’d!!

On my first attempt yesterday, my stomach immediately bloated, my eyes got itchy and I lost focus.  It almost felt like I had smoke in my eyes and I immediately wanted to go take a nap.  I’m allergic to antacid and this is the same reaction I have to that and also similar to gluten.  I’m a wreck!

I tried sesame again today and it was the same thing but today it lasted longer.  This is definitely more than uncomfort or bloating, this is a clear allergy.

When I first started getting allergy symptoms, I had my allergies tested and sesame was one that came up.  It’s the main reason I stopped eating hummus, my absolute favourite food in the world but I never really knew for sure (it wasn't a proper blood test, it was a finger prick test).  Right before I took my break last week I tried re-introducing sesame and I remembered that I had itchy eyes then too but I didn’t connect the dots.  Well, I have tomorrow to heal and on to the next category!  It’s also time to find a hummus recipe without tahini!

On another far more interesting note, I made the most amazing tacos!

Brown Rice Tortillas (I made mine with quinoa flour) (page 223)
Black Bean, Yam, and Avocado filling (page 255)
Mango salsa – sliced red onion, sliced red pepper, sliced mangos, lemon juice
Avocado Crème – 1 ½ avocados, 2/3 cup of coconut milk, lemon, hot sauce, diced garlic and wiz it up


If you want your life to improve, you will try this!

Comments

Popular Posts