The Elimination Diet - Day 15

Day 15

The first day of the reintroduction phase was a mixed bag of emotions, a frustrating mixed bag of emotions.

I started the day off with lemon.  First, I put lemon on quinoa burgers – a-okay, and then I put lemon on the stuffed mushrooms from the weekend – even more delish, and then finished with lemon on salmon.  No issue.  I was so confident, I was going to skip the lime assuming it would be okay – but, I followed through and it wasn’t okay…

I made a smoothie so I could add some protein and added the juice of half a lime.  The first sip I felt bloat and refused to except it, and then I took a second sip and fully bloated but chalked it up to stress and continued to drink.  By half a glass I felt nauseous, just like the apple cider vinegar.

I’m so shocked, I’m almost in denial.  In general, I already know citrus doesn’t sit well with me so I don’t use it that often but this just feels so extreme.  I’m not sure what to do about the rest of citrus.  I’m fairly certain oranges are bad but I don’t know about grapefruit.  Do I skip the oranges and try the grapefruit because lemon is clearly fine, try both, try neither?  I’m going to sleep on it and decide.


At least lemon is fine.  I’ll take it!!

Comments

Popular Posts